LOGISTICS DATA ANALYST
Monday - Friday 8A-5P
• The Logistics Data Analyst position is responsible for providing ongoing analyses in areas such as transportation related cost, warehouse capacities and efficiencies as well as assisting the Logistics Department with daily activities including routing freight, label creation and daily project tracking.
• They support the Logistics Coordinators and Warehouse Supervisors in identifying areas of opportunity and driving process improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Analyze Logistics Process and drive improvements.
• Prepare and maintain various reports on daily/weekly/monthly basis concerning transportation spend, fuel, & monthly shipment data across the division and present opportunities in weekly staff meetings
• Monitor efficiency of warehouse operations thru data analysis on a daily basis to ensure all shifts are performing as expected.
• Identify areas of opportunity and provide a roadmap for process improvement in those areas Confer with logistics team to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, and minimize cost
• Identify opportunities for cost reduction, process improvement, and minimize waste
• Perform file manipulation and label creation for parcel shipments via FedEx, UPS, and USPS.
• Provide daily tracking and timely feedback to customers and sales regarding shipments.
• Arrange expedited shipments to and from various facilities/vendors/customers.
• Lead and/or participate in special projects as needed.
• Assist with managing projects in other facilities including creating load plans, preparing paperwork, and scheduling outbound freight with production capabilities to meet in-store due dates.
• Provide direction to Warehouse Supervisors and others in the Logistics Dept in areas of process improvement to improve efficiency
• Act as a liaison between warehouse and other departments, customers and vendors.
• Troubleshoot issues and assist others as necessary to improve overall efficiency
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or GED minimum. This position requires advanced Microsoft skills specifically in Excel and Word with some Access knowledge