The Material Handler position is responsible for the efficient handling of materials from Manufacturing and outside Suppliers going to our Assembly Plants and Customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Responsible for operating Electric Pallet Jacks, Forklifts, Stand-up Reach Trucks, and Sit-down Swing Reach Trucks.
• Complete a daily checklist on Material Handling Equipment (MHE) before the start of the shift.
• Ensure all safety equipment and devices are in place and working properly.
• Safe operation of the MHE within the plant to prevent damage or personal injury.
• Responsible for unloading inbounds, warehousing materials, supplying production lines and loading outbound shipments.
• Checking the trailers to make sure they are safe to use.
•Ensuring materials are properly unitized and marked.
• Accurately checking the quantity and description of the materials handled.
• Loading various size pallets to maximize trailer cube while minimizing in transit damage.
• Completing paperwork associated with the movement of materials in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintaining accurate inventory of all materials and completing daily cycle counts.
• Assisting other areas as need to maintain a team approach.
• May assist as a back up to the Warehouse Clerk when necessary
• Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
• Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Overtime is required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Forklift operators� license required.