The Order Readiness position is responsible for ensuring the efficient productivity of manufacturing by preparing, delivering, and removing all needed tooling materials to machines throughout the plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Verify tooling to cad drawings for correct emboss and adding matrix, if needed. Verify that tooling is ready to run.
• Make ink and coordinate correct ink at machines and ensure that PH/Velocity is within standards. Return ink to ink room.
• Monitor machine line up in the system and deliver Job Jacket plus tooling (cutting die, printing plate, and ink) to converting machines.
• Make sure that correct Mylar’s are at machine when needed.
• Deliver correct cutting die to machines and ensure that print plate is ready to run.
• Assist if repairs are needed on cutting dies or printing plates (manually re-knifing, re-rubber, etc.). Write up repair form for tooling needed repairing.
• Remove die cut and print plate from machine center and inspect before replacing in storage. Return all other items used to their designated area.
• Wash printing plates before returning to storage.
• Check new tooling for accuracy and nonconformance.
• Give locations for new tooling and enter into the computer systems.
• Maintain inventory and stock supplies.
• Assist vendors delivering new tools.
• Assist in monthly purge of obsolete tooling.
• Set up all future orders to ensure maximum productivity at machines.
• Assist operator and apprentice with keeping the machine running.
• Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
• Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Overtime is required